CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 13, 2010

I Have The Greatest Friends!

I just have to take the time to say thanks to all of my friends, family and local businesses that have donated money to Rich and I for the St. Baldrick's Foundation!

This foundation is truly outstanding and they deserve more recognition than just what I can give them. I was looking for a child for Rich to honor with his donations and had a really hard time looking through these pictures and reading the stories. There are 33 kids all under the age of 16 fighting some form of cancer, just in the state of Ohio. To see their faces made it so much more surreal.

These kids are fighters. They struggle everyday battling a disease that has rocked their bodies and their worlds and yet they find the strength to smile and go on. It's amazing to me how resilient these kids are. How strong they are.

I couldn't decide on just one child. They are all hero's and they all deserved to be honored. If you have the time to go through the St. Baldrick's website, please do. And pray for each and every one of these kids. God knows they can use the prayers and so can their families.

We are taking donations for one more week. My hubby gets his head shaved next Friday and I'll be sure to post pictures!

https://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/participantid/394617

0 comments:

Post a Comment