CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 7, 2010

All the noise and chaos means...everything's back to normal!

This is our March snowman...and boy are we glad he's gone!


I've decided in doing this blog that I won't use my kids names. I do still like to keep them protected and hidden. So for now they'll go by nicknames. Boo is my oldest, then Lizzard is my 6 year old, KB is my 4 (soon to be 5) year old and Peanut is my 2 year old.

So our weekend has come to an end...

Today while sitting at my moms visiting I happened to notice that we've all become so stuck into technology. I'm sure we all have cell phones and computers and we'd be lost without them, whether we admit it or not! We were sitting there watching something on TV and casually talking when I looked up and realized that my mom was on her laptop and my stepdad was on his laptop and there I sat with my phone in my hand texting in my FB status. I'll be the first to admit that I'd probably be alot more productive with my day to day stuff if I didn't have a computer or cell phone tempting me to, well, be nosey! Let's face it...with the social networking sites now, and all of us being connected and friends we have first hand access to see what all of our friends and family have been up to and pry into their photo albums and just plain ole' be nosey! In some senses it's the new-found way of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer! And you can't tell me you haven't searched for the people you didn't like in school in hopes to find that they're fat or ugly now! We all have!

Peanut and I finally got to go outside and play today! Things are pretty wet and muddy from all the melting snow but we've been inside for so long that we didn't even care! My big kids are at their dads this weekend so it was just Peanut and I. My hubby worked on a few different jobs today so he was gone nearly all afternoon. While Peanut played with her buckets and shovels and the few small piles of remaining snow I managed to remove all Christmas decorations from the trees and get them put away. Now to just get the lights off the house.

All my kids are home and the noise and chaos means just one thing...everything is back to normal! I crave the silence when they're here and miss them so much when they're gone. Make sense? But it's great to see them all wrestling around and laughing and being silly and it's a great sound!

They were so excited to tell me that football practice was great and they had SO much fun! They can't wait to go back next weekend for practice and their team is the Colts. Guess they can't go wrong there! Lizzard said she didn't tackle anybody but she got tackled and she was "like the only girl there". She said "I was surrounded by boys!" Thank God at 6 she still thinks that boys have koodies!

So we're all ready for school tomorrow. Homeworks done, back packs are loaded up and the kids are eating their snacks now and getting ready for bed. My glass of wine is empty and things are finally winding down here tonight. The only thing I have left to do is order Peanut a few new pairs of shoes. One of my dearest friends (whose blog you'll have to check out also...RaisingMy4Sons) got me hooked on See Kai Run's shoes for kids. They are the only shoes that she'll wear and she's outgrowing the pair she has now.

I hope you all had a great weekend and are ready for the new week ahead! Let's see what it has in store for us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment