CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 19, 2010

OMGosh!


So I don't know what got up my rear and made me decide to clean up the kids rooms yesterday but evidently the good Lord wanted me to find what I did. Low and behold in the bottom of Boo's closet, creeping up the wall was mold...but it didn't stop there. Our friend (and carpenter!) stopped this morning to take a look at it for us and see just what was going on, only to find that it wasn't just in the closet. It was along all of the exterior walls in the new edition, in all of the rooms. Talk about wanting to cry!

So to fix it...he measured up 16" from the floor, took a saw and cut out all of the drywall and pitched it. Then pulled up the insulation so that everything could start to dry out. Sprayed everything with some sort of mold killer. Stuck the dehumidifier and a fan in the crawl space to dry things out and that's about it. Stink!

Worst part is we were supposed be having KB's birthday party here this weekend but I don't think that's gonna happen. And I thought it would still be alright and we'd just keep as much of it outside as possible, but checked the weather and we're supposed to have scattered thunderstorms all day on Saturday. UGH! Gonna have to move it to the Pub or something!

So for now that's all the moldy oldy news from this house.

Oh, and I have my first Tupperware party tomorrow night! SO excited!

0 comments:

Post a Comment